Serving: 8 people
Butter 6 ounces or 150 grams
Caster sugar 6 ounces (measure it then grind it)
Flour (Maida) 6 ounces
Vanilla essence 1 tsp
Cocoa powder 1 tbsp
Milk 2 tbsp
Baking powder 1 1/2 tsp
Pink and yellow color few drops.
- Beat butter and sugar till it is creamy.
- Sieve flour (Baking) and baking powder (3 times)
- Start adding eggs one by one in butter and sugar mixture, alternating with 1 tbsp of sieved flour (means add 1 egg, then beat, add 1 tbsp of sieved flour and beat, then again add another egg, and 1 tbsp of sieved flour).
- Now add vanilla essence. Then fold the remaining flour in the mixture (with wooden spoon or spatula, do not use beater).
- Divide the batter in 3 portions. Add pink color in one part, yellow color in second part, and in third part coco powder paste mixed with 2 tbsp of milk.
- Grease the loaf pan, add the 3 batters alternating each other, first add coco, then pink then yellow, and so on, as shown in picture below. (you can also make in round cake pan)
- Lastly add swirls with knife or tooth pick to give a marble effect
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes at 190 0C.
- After baking cool it and cut slices.