Refined flour (Maida) 250 grams
Clarified butter (ghee) 2 tbsp
Crushed red pepper 1 tbsp
(kuti hoi lal mirh)
Coriander leaves(chopped) 2 tbsp
Mint leaves (chopped) 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds (Rai) 1/2 tsp
Nigella Seeds (Kalonji) 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder (haldi) 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Carom seeds (Ajwain) 1/2 tsp
Oil for frying
- Boil the potatoes and then mash them.
- Then take a bowl, put potatoes, salt, coriander leaves, mint leaves, mustard seeds (rai), nigella seeds (kalonji), turmeric powder (haldi) and crushed red pepper and mix them well.
- Take flour and add clarified butter, carom seeds (ajwain) and salt in it and mix it, then knead the dough with water into hard dough.
- Divide dough in to small balls, roll each ball into a oval shape chapatti, then cut it in half to give two parts of each. Then make a cone of each and place the filling in center and seal the edges with flour paste (take flour and water to make a thick paste).
- Deep fry them on medium flame.